4 Tips for Staying Safe on the Road

Share on Pinterest
Tips for Staying Safe on the Road 250x166
use cellphone while driving 250x166
seatbelts 250x166
Staying Safe on the Road 250x166

Every year, millions of people die in car accidents, and no one admits that they are at fault. According to an estimated 660,000 people use their phones when they are driving. Another stat shows that over nine lives are lost every day in accidents that involve distracted driving. It means that distraction due to phone or drinking is one of the leading causes of accidents and deaths in the whole world. If you are here to learn how you can stay safe on the road, then you have come to the right place. Below we have mentioned a few tips that ensure maximum road safety. To learn about them, be sure to read this article till the end! 

Don’t Drive Distracted

use cellphone while driving 630x414

Source:bostonglobe.com

The biggest mistake we all make while driving is we use our phones. Now let’s be real, we all do this every day and every time. According to a recent study, alone in the USA, driving and texting at the same time results in accidents that injure over 330,000 people annually. It means that when you are using your phone, you are not only putting your life in danger but also risking everyone’s presence on the road. Therefore, the best you can do to avoid accidents is to keep your phone in your bag or away from you for a while, so you can properly concentrate on the road. 

See also  Most Important Car Maintenance Tips that you Need to Follow

Buckle Up

It is the most obvious tip, but we had to mention it because many drivers still forget to do this. Buckling your seatbelt is extremely important. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that in 2016, over 14,000 lives were saved just due to the use of a seat belt. Imagine if the drivers were not wearing seat belts, all these 14,000 people would have died. Moreover, it has been estimated that more than 90% of Americans wear seat belts, and the rest 10% are those passengers who don’t take the risk seriously. So, before leaving your home, fasten your seatbelt, so you don’t have an accident. If an accident occurs, you can get your license suspended or revoked. For more information check here.

seatbelts 630x354

Source:bbc.com

Watch Your Speed

According to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, in 2017, over speeding continues to be the number one quoted driver-related factor in deadly highway crashes. Those who like to push their accelerator to its limit a lot of time face some severe and fatal consequences. If you are one such person who is tempted to speed, keep in mind that it can cost you, your passengers, and other drivers their lives. 

See also  How to Change a Tire

Maintain a Safe Distance

Never get too close to the car ahead of you while on the interstate. You might be in a rush, but what will happen if the person ahead of you hit their brakes brusquely. If this happens, then you’ll not have enough time to catch your breaks, and you could end up crashing in the car. Therefore, you should maintain enough buffer room between yourself and the next vehicle so that you and others on the road can stay out of danger. 

Staying Safe on the Road 630x354

Source:voicenorthants.org

Share on Pinterest
Tips for Staying Safe on the Road 250x166
use cellphone while driving 250x166
seatbelts 250x166
Staying Safe on the Road 250x166

Leave a Reply