Many law firms and lawyers rely only on the strength of their skills and reputation to ensure that clients keep knocking on their doors. However, in a lot of cases, a solid online presence can dramatically improve your practice and profit.
If you’re a Richmond car accident lawyer, here are five things you can do to increase your law firm’s online traffic:
1. Develop an effective content strategy
When developing a content strategy for your website, make sure that you always write with your audience in mind. This will ensure that you’re creating content that readers can relate to and will find value in.
For example, with a website like https://www.legacycaraccidentlawyers.com/, your audience will most likely be coming to your site to look for information about what to do when they are in a car accident, and how they can find a lawyer to represent them. You should ensure that they can find the information they need quickly and easily.
2. Come up with better headlines
With a catchy and intriguing headline, it’s easier to capture the attention of any reader and make them read, engage, and share. While it’s not advisable to use clickbait and misleading headlines just to attract more traffic, your headlines do need to be compelling.
Some effective tips for creating a great headline are the following:
- Get to know your target audience better. Once you know more about their typical characteristics and understand what they are looking for, you can tailor your headlines to address their specific needs.
- Use language that’s simple but powerful. Use words that move people to act such as “click” or “try.” Remember that negative superlatives like “never” tend to attract more eyes.
- Sometimes, spicing your title up with bold, shocking, or controversial statements can do the trick. It can be tough to resist reading an article with an enticing and very opinionated headline.
- Numbers in your headline tend to be more popular with readers because people like predictability and easily digestible formats. For instance, instead of writing, “Things You Need in Your Car to Prevent Car Accidents” you can use, “5 Things You Need in Your Car to Avoid Car Accidents.”
3. Connect your social media pages to your website
Many lawyers create useful and creative content on platforms such as YouTube or Instagram. However, a lot of them fail to connect from their social media pages to their website strategically. This is unfortunate because social media is one of the easiest sources of traffic for your site.
Make sure that you correctly link to your website from your channel or social media page. Even when the links are no-follow, as is the case with YouTube links, remember that, right now, your concern is to drive more traffic. Rankings are another issue altogether.
4. Do a search engine optimization (SEO) audit
An SEO audit can help you discover any problems with your site that adversely affect your site’s performance and your organic visibility in search results. After you’ve identified these problems, you can come up with an action plan to implement necessary fixes that will help drive more traffic.
Some of the most common problems for law firm websites include the following:
- Failure to set up Google Console, which means that they don’t know whether the search engine is having trouble crawling and indexing their website
- Toxic links, or links to your site from spam websites, and sites that contain malware and viruses, that have accumulated over time and have not been disavowed
- Broken links or unneeded 301 redirects
- Failure to optimize page speed
- The website is not optimized for a variety of devices
5. Use email marketing
A lot of lawyers tend to disregard the effectiveness of email marketing in driving traffic. An email campaign can give your law firm’s website a much-needed traffic boost because of the following reasons:
- You can use it to follow up with new leads. Send new prospects an email to let them know the next steps for hiring a lawyer and how they can book a consultation with you.
- You can use it for your lead magnet, or an incentive that you can offer potential clients in exchange for contact information. Send them a free e-book or access to videos and other resources.
- You can use it to remind your client to review your performance and service after a case has been settled. Send them a link to your page on review platforms. Remember that reviews for your practice on credible and trustworthy review sites help bring in traffic to your website.
Although these tips are effective in boosting your organic traffic, remember that you might not be able to see the results right away.
Furthermore, temporary traffic growth is not enough. You should be able to sustain your efforts over a long period to see consistent and high-quality traffic. Your dedication is crucial if you want to ensure that you achieve your goals for your website.